McComb Family Foundation Scholarship
The McComb Family Foundation Scholarship program was initiated in 2018 with a gift of $20,000 to provide scholarships for Scouts from Noble and Whitley counties to attend BSA high adventure bases and long-term resident camp experiences at the Anthony Wayne Scout Reservation, Camp Chief Little Turtle.
To qualify for the scholarship the following requirements must be met:
• Scout is currently registered in good standing and resides in Noble or Whitley counties.
• The qualifying camp must be a BSA national high adventure base, national BSA camping experience (National Jamboree, NAYLE, NOAC or similar event), a resident camp experience at Camp Chief Little Turtle or AWAC council camping experience (NYLT or similar event).
• The Scout must be registered to attend the camp (national camp experiences such as Jamboree or Philmont require the Scout to meet certain qualifications and be approved to participate).
• The Scout must apply in writing to the Director of Camping for the Anthony Wayne Area Council with sufficient lead time to meet any deposit and payment plan for the camp or event.
Submission guidelines must include the following:
• Scouts name and contact information (please include mailing address, phone, email).
• Scouts unit affiliation and current rank.
• Desired camp and dates (the Scout must demonstrate they are qualified or registered to attend the camp.
• Why the Scout wants to attend this camp and what they hope to benefit from attending.
• Clearly stated financial needs from the scholarship and what portion of the fee will be paid by the Scout, Scout family, unit, or other funding source.
Additional requirements and information:
• Scouts will be notified within 30 days of receiving the scholarship request of any award.
• Scholarships will be applied by the council for payment for the camp.
• If awarded the Scout will be asked to provide a thank you letter and photo after their camp experience.
Applications may be sent to:
Assistant Scout Executive
8315 W Jefferson Blvd
Fort Wayne IN 46804
Doug McComb, left, of the McComb Family Foundation, donated $20,000 to the Boy Scouts of America for scholarships for scouts of Noble and Whitley counties. He is pictured with Council Commissioner Larry Corbin, middle, and Director of Development and Camping Chuck Walker, right.